The J1 visa is for journalists who are based in China.
he J2 visa is for visiting journalists who are, for example, entering China to cover a story.
From Tuesday 24th March, the Chinese Visa Service Centre is closed for the forseeable future and will not accept new applications nor return passports currently held by them. Accordingly we will not be accepting new applications and our offices will be closed too. If you have queries, please email us.
1. If you don’t have the correct documentation to back up your visa application or there is an error on your online application form,
you will have to start again, as you will not be able to make any changes to it yourself;
2. You have to book an appointment to have your fingerprints taken and to submit your documents - no guarantees of convenient appointments and queues to deal with.
3. If you are using the Express service, you will have to collect your passport from the centre - they do not offer to post or courier your documents back to you.
1. You get CVD's full assistance – any questions – just call or email us!
We check for errors and advise what documents you need to bring. If you would prefer, fill out our simplified form and we will complete the online form for you.
2. Early fingerprint appointments can be arranged (call for details if you need a next day appointment). We'll have someone there to meet, greet and guide you through the process.
3. We retrieve your passport and visa from the Chinese Visa Centre and hold it to your order. We can keep it in our office for you to collect at a convenient time, return by Royal Mail Special Delivery or courier (extra charges apply)